On Tuesday, Bryan and I celebrated 2 wonderful years of marriage. Bryan had asked me to take a half a day at work almost a month ahead of time so we could spend the afternoon and evening together. I was so excited because my boss was ok with it and I had something to look forward to beside work, homework or clinical hours.... but of course, it wasn't that simple. Nothing ever is:)
I had gotten to work early Tuesday so I could leave a little before noon. I had my bag in hand almost to the door in my office when my phone rang. It was a call updating me on the fact that the State Department had just made a surprise visit to the hospital and I needed to stay. 4 hours later, I finally got away. Bryan was great about it though, I think he knew I was disappointed so he didn't act like it was a big deal, which all turned out fine because we got to spend the evening together.... we can make up our missed afternoon another day.
We didn't get to do everything we had planned, but we did enjoy an AMAZING dinner with exceptional service at Ruth's Chris in Clayton. We spent 2 hours enjoying each other's company, amazing food and wine, and the best dessert I think we have ever had. It was a chocolate mousse creation with a crispy cocoa cookie crust that was outta this world. Our server even packed up the bone from Bryan's cowboy ribeye so we could bring it home to our dogs, so they could get a chance to celebrate, too. It ended up being a great day and we are already making plans for which super nice restaurant we want to go to next year!
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary...it brings back memories of your wonderful wedding and the absolutely beautiful day. Where is that weather now? It was such a fun weekend and Mark and I were so happy that we could be a part of it. Glad that you got to at least enjoy the evening together.
Hope all is well with you... any plans to visit the Lake soon???
Post a Comment