12.09.2008

Quarter of a Century

Yesterday was my 25th birthday and happened to be one of my most memorable birthdays yet. Being pregnant, I didn't expect much for my birthday... my normal birthday consists of at least 2 weeks of celebrating and partying so I knew this year it would be chill. And it was, and I loved it! Bryan suprised me a little early with my gift last Friday. He gets so excited and can't wait to give gifts and I get so nosey I just have to know what it is, so it works out fine for the two of us. He must have gotten tired of massaging my sore back all of the time because he got me one of those shiatsu chair massagers that you can set on any chair. It is AMAZING! It heats up and has all different kind of settings on it. It really works the kinks and soreness out of my back, I love it! and I love Bryan for splurging on it (we weren't supposed to exchange birthday gifts this year, but he refused to return the thing... bummer!).
Saturday night I didn't feel like doing anything so Bryan and his guy friends watched the MIZZOU game while I soaked in a bubble bath and got caught up on some reading. I finished my finals on Friday and am really enjoying my break from school already. I have missed reading my magazines and books that didn't have to do with pathophysiology or case management in healthcare. So it was nice to kick back and get some R&R in over the weekend. The big highlight of the day was the fact that I was craving a fudge brownie with walnuts and Bryan had Clint bring one over for me from Dairy Queen. It was a delicious suprise!
Sunday I made cookie dough and did more relaxing while Bryan and Aaron worked on the nursery. They did a great job painting... I am impressed! Then we went to my parent's house for some home cooked birthday dinner. It was delicious lasagna and my mom made a seperate vegetarian lasagna for me, how considerate and delectable! Then of course I enjoyed some birthday cake, which was white and happens to be my favorite!
My actual birthday was even better than my relaxing weekend. I got to work around 6:30 to find that my fellow nurses had planned a suprise baby shower for me! It was so nice of them and I got so many adorable baby gifts. I keep saying this, but Emmerson is already sooooo spoiled! The girls had a cake and all sorts of breakfast treats... it was a very nice party. One staffmember even brought me roses, which smelled so fresh and amazing. Fresh flowers are so nice this time of the year since everything seems so cold and dead. Then my BFF, Kristin, suprised me at work with my birthday gift and a hug. It was so nice to see her, we have both been so busy with school that our hang out time was severly affected these last couple of months. Once I finally got away from work I went to meet Bryan for dinner at Poppy's. It's a little hole in the wall Italian restaurant in Festus that we just LOVE! Then home for some down time together... we went through all of the new baby gifts and Bryan attempted to watch Gossip Girl with me, but that suprisingly didn't last the full hour. ha ha. Then after a really good episode of The Hills, I fell asleep and actually slept all night for the first time in a really long time. It was all wonderful and I thank everyone who made my birthday so special!

No comments: